Saturday, August 29, 2009

FIN254: Q/A Session

Q: Can you please clarify us about the final exam syllabus again?

Ans: According to the decisions made centrally by the FIN254 coordination committee, final exam must be comprehensive covering the whole syllabus.

MCQs are made centrally, so I don't have any control over it. Questions may be from anywhere, not necessarily from our book as different faculty members use different books in their sections. But as everyone follows same set of topics, you don't need to worry if you cover the things discussed in the class.

As far as problems are concerned I will prepare them considering all the chapters we covered in class. For convenience I am making it simplified - no problems beyond chapter-10, there will definitely be a large problem from chapter-10, one problem from chapter-8 on stocks, some problems covering time value of money concept and financial statement analysis.

Q: Sir, my project files are huge in size and I am having genuine problem sending them to you with slow internet connection. What should I do?

Ans: I don't know what to say. The file size should not be that large. I have received many project files so far and the file size ranged from 100+ KB (kilobytes and not megabytes!) to 300+ KB. There is something wrong either in your operating system or the software itself.

Try "Save As" option to save them again in previous excel version, that is, xls (Excel 2003) format and check your file contents and the size. If that works, send them to me. If same problem remains, you may bring the files with you in a flash-drive/pen-drive during exam time and give it to me.

1 comment:

Sakib said...

Hello sir.. I'd like to know the actual use for the equity multiplier. why does it get called such and how is this useful in determining solvency?